DIN 916 is a standard specification established by the German Institute for Standardization (Deutsches Institut für Normung) for set screws with a hexagonal socket, also known as grub screws. These screws are typically used to secure one object within or against another object, and can be used for a variety of applications.
Uses of DIN 916
DIN 916 specifies the dimensions, materials, and other properties of these set screws, ensuring that they meet certain quality standards and can be used effectively in a range of applications. Set screws in accordance with DIN 916 are commonly used in the automotive, mechanical engineering, and construction industries, among others.
DIN 916 is a type of set screw that is commonly used in various industrial applications. Some of the uses of DIN 916 include:
- To secure a rotating part onto a shaft, such as a gear or pulley.
- To secure two parts together without the use of a nut or bolt, such as in electronic or medical equipment.
- To fix a component in place in a high-vibration environment, such as in automotive or aerospace applications.
- To create a stop or limit on a rotating shaft or other machine component.
- To adjust the position of a component in a precise manner, such as in machining or assembly operations.
Overall, DIN 916 is a versatile fastener that can be used in a wide range of applications where a small, strong, and precise fastening solution is needed.
Materials for DIN 916
DIN 916 specifies the dimensions and materials for cup point set screws. The materials used to make DIN 916 set screws are:
- ANSI/ASME B18.3 Stainless Steel Set Screws (304/316)
- ASTM F880 Stainless Steel Socket, Square, Headless, and Slotted Set Screws
- DIN 916 Set Screws with Grade 45H Steel Material and Black Oxide Finish
- ASTM A574 Alloy Steel Socket Head Cap Screws
- DIN 916 Brass Cup Point Set Screws
Note: This list is not exhaustive and other materials may be used to manufacture DIN 916 set screws.
Found what you are looking for?
Our team will be happy to help. Get in touch with us.
Interested in this product? Download relevant documentation here.Download free documentation