DIN 914 is a German standard that specifies the dimensional and material requirements for metric set screws with a flat point. These screws are commonly used in applications where a flush and permanent installation is desired, such as in machinery and equipment.
The DIN 914 standard covers set screws with thread sizes ranging from M1.6 to M36, with lengths ranging from 4mm to 100mm. The flat point on the screw is designed to fit flush against the surface, providing a secure and stable connection.
In addition to specifying the dimensional requirements, DIN 914 also provides guidelines for the materials to be used in manufacturing the screws. These materials include steel, stainless steel, brass, and other non-ferrous metals.
Uses of DIN 914
Overall, DIN 914 is a widely recognized standard for metric set screws with a flat point, and its specifications ensure that these screws are reliable, durable, and safe for use in a variety of applications.
- DIN 914 set screws are often used to hold together two pieces of material or objects, such as in a shaft coupling.
- These set screws are commonly used in machinery and automotive applications where a secure hold is necessary.
- They can be used in applications where a flush surface is required, such as in gear assemblies, pulleys, and other rotating parts.
- DIN 914 set screws are also used in electronic equipment and instrumentation to secure parts and components in place.
- In construction, DIN 914 set screws are often used to join two sections of a railing or fencing system.
- They can also be used in furniture assembly, such as in the construction of cabinets, bookcases, and desks.
- Additionally, DIN 914 set screws can be used in a variety of DIY and home improvement projects.
Materials for DIN 914
DIN 914 is a set screw that can be made from various materials. Here is a list of materials used for DIN 914 according to their respective standards:
- Alloy steel
- Carbon steel
- Stainless steel
- A193 Grade B7 Alloy steel
- A193 Grade B8 Stainless steel
- A193 Grade B16 Alloy steel
- A307 Grade A Carbon steel
- A193 Grade B8M Stainless steel
- Steel St 45 black oxide finish
- Steel St 45 zinc-plated
- Steel 8.8 galvanized
- Steel 10.9 black oxide finish
- Stainless steel A2-50
- Stainless steel A4-50
- Brass CuZn39Pb3
- Nylon PA 6,6
Found what you are looking for?
Our team will be happy to help. Get in touch with us.
Interested in this product? Download relevant documentation here.Download free documentation