DIN 912 is a German Industrial Standard that specifies the requirements for socket head cap screws. These screws are commonly used in a wide range of applications, including machinery and equipment assembly, automotive and aerospace industries, and construction.
The standard specifies the dimensions, tolerances, and material requirements for socket head cap screws, including thread size, length, and head diameter. DIN 912 also specifies the surface finish, marking, and packaging requirements for these fasteners.
Uses of DIN 912
Socket head cap screws are designed to provide a high-strength, low-profile fastening solution. The socket head design allows for high torque transfer and precision tightening, while the cap head provides a low-profile and aesthetically pleasing appearance.
DIN 912 specifies the requirements for socket head cap screws, which are commonly used in a wide range of applications due to their high-strength and low-profile design. Some common uses of DIN 912 socket head cap screws include:
- Machinery and equipment assembly: These screws are often used in the assembly of machinery and equipment due to their high-strength and precision tightening capabilities.
- Automotive and aerospace industries: Socket head cap screws are commonly used in the automotive and aerospace industries for applications such as engine assembly, transmission assembly, and airframe construction.
- Construction: These screws are also used in the construction industry for applications such as steel framing, metal roofing, and electrical conduit installation.
- DIY and hobbyist projects: Socket head cap screws are often used in DIY and hobbyist projects due to their versatility and availability in a range of sizes.
- Electronics: These screws are sometimes used in electronics applications due to their low profile and precision tightening capabilities.
In summary, DIN 912 socket head cap screws are widely used in a variety of industries and applications due to their high-strength, precision tightening capabilities, and low-profile design. They are commonly used in machinery and equipment assembly, automotive and aerospace industries, construction, DIY and hobbyist projects, and electronics.
Materials of DIN 912
- Alloy Steel Bolting Materials for High-Temperature Service, ASTM A193 Grade B7
- Alloy Steel and Stainless Steel Bolting Materials for Low-Temperature Service, ASTM A320 Grade L7
- Carbon and Alloy Steel Nuts for Bolts for High-Pressure and High-Temperature Service, ASTM A194 Grade 2H
- Alloy Steel Socket Head Cap Screws, ASTM F837 Grade 4140
- Alloy Steel Socket Head Cap Screws, ASTM F837M Grade 4140M
- Stainless Steel Socket Head Cap Screws, ASTM F837
Steel DIN 912 Socket Head Cap Screws:
- Steel Grade 8.8: These screws are made from medium carbon steel with a minimum tensile strength of 800 N/mm².
- Steel Grade 10.9: These screws are made from alloy steel with a minimum tensile strength of 1000 N/mm².
- Steel Grade 12.9: These screws are made from alloy steel with a minimum tensile strength of 1200 N/mm².
Stainless Steel DIN 912 Socket Head Cap Screws:
- A2-70: This is an austenitic stainless steel with a minimum tensile strength of 700 N/mm².
- A4-70: This is a high-tensile austenitic stainless steel with a minimum tensile strength of 700 N/mm².
Found what you are looking for?
Our team will be happy to help. Get in touch with us.
Interested in this product? Download relevant documentation here.Download free documentation