ISO 4033 is a standard published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) that specifies the requirements for hexagon regular nuts with metric fine pitch threads.
The ISO 4033 standard defines the dimensions and tolerances for hexagon nuts in metric fine pitch thread sizes, including thread pitch, thread diameter, and overall dimensions. The standard also covers the material requirements, heat treatment, and testing methods used to evaluate the performance of these nuts.
Hexagon nuts produced according to ISO 4033 have a thickness equal to the nominal diameter of the bolt they are used with. These nuts are commonly used in applications where a fine pitch thread is required, such as in machinery, equipment, and automotive applications.
Uses of ISO 4033
Overall, ISO 4033 is an important standard for manufacturers and engineers who work with hexagon nuts with fine pitch threads. It helps ensure that these fasteners meet certain quality and performance standards, including strength, durability, and resistance to corrosion. The selection of the correct thread pitch and dimensions is important to ensure proper fit and functionality of the fastener, and to prevent failures and malfunctions due to mismatched components or improper installation.
- Machinery and equipment: ISO 4033 hexagon nuts are commonly used to secure bolts, screws, and other threaded components in machinery and equipment, where high strength and precision are required. This can include everything from heavy-duty manufacturing equipment to delicate measuring instruments.
- Automotive applications: ISO 4033 hexagon nuts are used in automotive applications, such as engine assembly and suspension systems, where high strength and reliability are essential for safe operation. These nuts can be found in everything from passenger cars to heavy-duty trucks and buses.
- Construction and building: ISO 4033 hexagon nuts are used in the construction and building industries, such as in steel fabrication and structural engineering applications. This can include everything from bridges and high-rise buildings to smaller-scale projects such as residential construction.
- Plumbing and piping: ISO 4033 hexagon nuts are used to connect pipes and fittings in plumbing and piping systems, including everything from household plumbing to industrial-scale piping applications.
- Electrical and electronic applications: ISO 4033 hexagon nuts are used in electrical and electronic applications, such as in the assembly of control panels and other equipment. This can include everything from small-scale electronics to large-scale power distribution equipment.
Overall, the ISO 4033 standard ensures that hexagon nuts meet certain quality and performance standards, making them suitable for use in a wide range of industries and applications where high strength, precision, and reliability are required.
Materials for ISO 4033
- Low carbon steel (ASTM A563 Gr. A, C)
- Medium carbon steel (ASTM A563 Gr. C3, DH, DH3, DHN, DHL, DHNL)
- Alloy steel (ASTM A194 Gr. 2H, 2HM, 7, 7M)
- Stainless steel:
- Austenitic stainless steels (ASTM F594 Gr. A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, J)
- Austenitic stainless steels with improved corrosion resistance (ASTM F738M Gr. A1, A2, A4, B8, B8A, B8M, B8MA, B8T, B8TA, B8TX, B8MX)
- Non-ferrous metals:
- Brass (ASTM B16 Gr. C36000)
- Bronze (ASTM B98 Gr. C95500)
- Titanium alloys:
- Titanium Grade 2 (ASTM F468 Gr. 2)
- Titanium Grade 5 (ASTM F468 Gr. 5)
It's important to note that the specific material used for a particular ISO 4033 hexagon nut can depend on the application and the desired properties of the nut, such as strength, corrosion resistance, and temperature resistance. The selection of the correct material and grade is important to ensure the proper functionality and performance of the fastener. It's recommended to consult the manufacturer's documentation or markings on the nut to determine the specific material and grade used.
ISO 4032(DIN934) VS ISO 4033
- Thread pitch:
- ISO 4032 specifies the dimensions for hexagon nuts with metric coarse pitch threads.
- ISO 4033 specifies the dimensions for hexagon nuts with metric fine pitch threads.
- Nut thickness:
- Both standards specify that the thickness of the nut should be equal to the nominal diameter of the bolt it is used with.
- Material requirements:
- Both standards specify the material requirements for hexagon nuts, including the types of materials that can be used, as well as the chemical and mechanical properties required.
- Both standards specify the dimensions and tolerances for the various components of the hexagon nut, such as the width across flats, the thickness, and the thread length.
- ISO 4032 hexagon nuts are typically used in applications where a coarse pitch thread is required.
- ISO 4033 hexagon nuts are typically used in applications where a fine pitch thread is required.
Coarse pitch thread:
- ISO 4032 hexagon nuts are typically used in applications where a coarse pitch thread is required. Coarse pitch threads are used in applications where high strength and load-bearing capacity are required. Coarse pitch threads are also used in applications where fast installation is required, such as in construction, manufacturing, and assembly applications.
Fine pitch thread:
- ISO 4033 hexagon nuts are typically used in applications where a fine pitch thread is required. Fine pitch threads are used in applications where greater accuracy and finer adjustment are required, such as in machinery, equipment, and automotive applications. Fine pitch threads are also used in applications where vibration resistance and fastener locking features are required.
Found what you are looking for?
Our team will be happy to help. Get in touch with us.
Interested in this product? Download relevant documentation here.Download free documentation