DIN 2510-NF is a variation of the DIN 2510 standard that specifies the design and dimensions of "fasteners with elongated holes and bores" for use in high-temperature and high-pressure applications. The NF designation stands for "Nichtrostend Flussstahl," which translates to "non-rusting flow steel" in English.
This variation of the DIN 2510 standard specifies the material requirements for fasteners made from non-rusting flow steel, which is a type of high-temperature and corrosion-resistant steel. DIN 2510-NF fasteners are commonly used in applications where high temperatures and/or corrosive environments are present, such as in the chemical and petrochemical industries, power generation, and oil and gas exploration.
Overall, DIN 2510-NF provides guidelines for the manufacture and use of high-quality, high-performance fasteners that are designed to withstand extreme conditions and provide reliable performance over time.
Uses of DIN 2510-NF
DIN 2510-NF fasteners are commonly used in high-temperature and high-pressure applications where other materials and fasteners may not be suitable. Some specific applications for them include:
- Chemical and petrochemical industries: They are used in various applications in the chemical and petrochemical industries, such as in reactor vessels, heat exchangers, and piping systems that are exposed to high temperatures and corrosive environments.
- Power generation: They are used in power generation equipment, such as gas turbines and steam turbines, which operate at high temperatures and require corrosion-resistant materials.
- Oil and gas exploration: They are used in equipment and systems related to oil and gas exploration, such as in offshore drilling rigs and pipeline systems, which are exposed to high pressures and corrosive environments.
Overall, DIN 2510-NF fasteners are designed to provide reliable performance in extreme conditions and are commonly used in industries that involve high-temperature and/or corrosive environments. They are a crucial component in ensuring the safety and reliability of various types of equipment and systems.
Materials for DIN 2510-NF
DIN 2510-NF specifies fasteners made from non-rusting flow steel. The following are the ANSI, ASME, ASTM, and DIN standard materials that can be used to make DIN 2510-NF fasteners, categorized by material type and specific grades:
- Non-rusting flow steel:
- DIN EN 10269: X10NiCrAlTi32-20 and X2NiCrMoN25-21-7
- ASTM A182: F310H, F316H, F321, F347, F51, and F55
- ASTM A276: XM-19 and S21800
It is important to select the appropriate material and grade based on the specific application requirements. By adhering to the necessary standards and specifications, manufacturers can ensure that their fasteners are manufactured to the necessary quality and safety standards.
Found what you are looking for?
Our team will be happy to help. Get in touch with us.
Interested in this product? Download relevant documentation here.Download free documentation